Bellefit Maternity is the manufacturer of 4 different types of postpartum girdles. As opposed to other sellers, however, all models look relatively the same: same molded fabrics and same skin-color. The difference is made in terms of recommended utility, body-shape utility and adjustment options.
All models have a flap with hooks that provides easy access to the groin. In addition,
- Girdle Pull-Up has no other adjustment mechanism; best recommended for rectangle or triangle body shapes and recovery after natural birth; available in the S, M, L or XL sizes;
- Girdle with zipper has one side zipper; best recommended for hourglass, inverted triangle, rectangle or triangle body shapes and recovery after natural birth; available in XS, S, M, L or XL sizes;
- Corset has only one, frontal closure with hooks; best recommended for hourglass, inverted triangle, oval, rectangle or triangle body shapes and recovery after c-section; available in XS, S, M, L or XL sizes;
- Dual-Closure Girdle has both a side zipper and a frontal closure with hooks; best recommended for hourglass, inverted triangle, oval, rectangle or triangle body shapes and recovery after c-section; available in XS, S, M, L or XL sizes.
About Bellefit Postpartum Girdle Corset
The Corset is one of the most popular products on the official website, in close competition with the Dual-Closure Girdle. But numerous user’s reviews rather praise this model – apparently, the zipper from the other model occasionally bulges on the side.
The product costs $108.75 (as opposed to $145 the dual-closure model) and it is officially recommended for back pain relief, organ repositioning, c-section incision healing, abdominal support, posture improvement, spinal realignment, ligament stabilization and even lymphatic drainage.
Advertised as a medical garment designed to make the uterus go back to its place much faster, its extra benefits include:
- The design allows all-day wear with no chance to ride up the buttocks or roll down the back, while offering easy access to the bathroom;
- The adjustment system provides compression and back support with little to no sign of discomfort, reducing pain, helping the muscle recovery and straightening the spine after the 9 months of pregnancy;
- The effect brings a tremendous emotionally help, making your tummy flatter and helping you feel better physically and mentally.
But no postpartum girdle is perfect and no two bodies are alike, so some women might experience particular inconveniences when using this type of belly belt:
- The corset can be slightly visible when you put on some fitted or thin clothes;
- Depending on your torso’s length the girdle could overlap the area where ribs start and even roll down a bit – adjustable length would be welcomed;
- If your bottom is rather heavy, the fitted girdle could cause some bulging on the sides of your buttocks – in this situation fitted pants should be avoided;
Summary & Conclusion
- Fit and Feel
Bellefit Maternity remains one of the most popular girdle and belly band manufacturers. They don’t have a wide variety of girdles, but the few they have, are quite versatile. As long as you carefully pick your size, you can get one of the best after-birth supports and some very generous discounts. Who wouldn’t want to try that?